When discussing complicated topics it can be helpful to have a unified pool of knowledge. Below is a list of things I try to keep in my conceptual model of the world so I can have fruitful discussions with my peers.
- Probability distributions and cumulative distribution functions
- Critical exponents near phase transitions: the universal behaviour of physical quantities near continuous phase transitions.
- Prosaic AI when we reach AGI
- The idea that we’ll build an AI that doesn’t reveal anything new about humankind or the world. Similar to the idea of transformative AI.
- Re-inforcement learning
- Local hidden variable theory
- Chaos and non-chaos
- Dis-order free, localisation