Keywords: vscode, extensions, microsoft windows
I’ve recently started doing my development entirely in containers and virtual machines (with the exception of iOS development).
Bringing over vim settings
As of writing, my .vimrc is pretty minimal.
- 80 character width with forced wrap (not visual wrap)
- “rewrap.autoWrap.enabled”: true
- “rewrap.doubleSentenceSpacing”: true
- “rewrap.wrappingColumn”: 80
- tabs turned into spaces and tabstop of 2 spaces: “editor.tabSize”: 2
- automatically indent according to language paradigms
- UTF-8 encoding: by default in VSCode
I’m only using three extensions at the moment:
- ESLint: for debugging my Gatsby website
- Rewrap: for maintaining that 80 character width master race
- Remote: Microsoft’s remote extensions to work with containers